Working at Evolve IP
Are you that experienced Data/Network Engineer, skilled in managing networks with good communication skills and do you want to work as part of an exceptionally brilliant and supportive team that motivates each other to excel? Evolve IP is the place to be for you!
Evolve IP is looking for an experienced Data/Network Engineer!
Evolve IP, one of world’s fastest growing organizations in cloud strategy, offers best-of-breed cloud solutions to more than 1500 companies and to more than 350.000 users globally. Many of world’s most recognizable brands rely on our organization for custom made strategies to migrate multiple integrated solutions to a single, unified platform. Hereby, think of: disaster recovery, contact center / call center, VoIP-phone systems / Unified communication, virtual desktops, IaaS and more. We operate globally with more than 300 associates, 60 of which are active at our European headquarters in Rotterdam. We are growing fast, so we are looking for a Data/Network Engineer to strengthen our Global Data engineering team to help us expanding our networks.
Our ideal Data/Network Engineer has a strong understanding of network infrastructure, network hardware and the ability to actively manage the overall network health of platforms. This includes confirming that full connectivity is possible to all products and that new products can be added onto the platform when needed.
Our Data/Network Engineer is also responsible to assist his colleague Engineers and Client Support colleagues to solve network-related incidents for our Clients. This position also requires in-depth TCP/IP knowledge to assist colleague-engineers on more complex technical communication issues as they arise. Plus, we expect our Data/Network Engineer to provide network consultancy for our Clients regarding the integration of the Evolve IP services.
Your activities consist of, but are not limited to:
- Monitoring our data network and performing Preventative Maintenance
- Managing the tactical and operational activities of our network infrastructure
- Provisioning updates and patches, structural maintenance and Deploy Patches to systems and hardware
- Write technical documentation such as changes and problems
- Support of internal and external Clients
- Network consultancy, internally and externally
- Training and mentoring other Engineers and Client Support Associates
- Assist in designing and developing plans to allow for new and/or existing products to be added to platforms
- Maintaining the relationship of our suppliers on a tactical and operational level
- Training of new products and practices
- Participate in after-hours on-call rotation
- 4-5 years’ industry experience
- Possess a bachelor or master’s degree in Computer Science/Engineering or related technical fields or equivalent experience.
- Associated level Cisco Certification with at least the Cisco CCNA Routing and Switching
- Extensive experience with TCP/IP
- Preferred experience with SIP
- Preferred experience with JunOS
- Preferred experience with BGP
- Understanding of and experience with load balancing
- Experience with firewalls (Fortigate and/or Cisco ASA is a plus)
- Driver’s license
- Basic understanding of Windows Server and Linux
- Knowledge of packet captures and associated network monitoring tools
- High level EQ (Emotional Intelligence)
- Ability to work under pressure during outage situations
- Client centric
- Good oral and written skills, in English and preferably in Dutch
What do we offer?
We offer you a permanent job, starting with a contract for a temporary period. And of course, we offer you a good fixed salary (depending on age and experience) and performance related bonus. Thanks to the growth within our organization, there are plenty of chances and career opportunities, both nationally and internationally. We also offer you education and training opportunities, to allow you to further develop as an individual.
Our corporate culture is characterized by an informal atmosphere with short communication lines. Your colleagues are direct, honest and straightforward. And they expect that from you too. The working atmosphere and working for a successful, growing, international organization makes this job a particularly attractive next step in your career.
Your application, together with your curriculum vitae and motivation, can be sent to email@example.com
Please note that acquisition to this vacancy is not appreciated